Not So Rocky Road No-Churn Ice Cream
There are two dessert flavors in particular that I think of when I think of summer: s’mores and rocky road. On the cover of the latest issue of the magazine, we’ve featured a s’mores ice cream recipe and today I’m sharing with you my take on rocky road ice cream, minus the nuts. This Not So Rocky Road No-Churn Ice Cream is a nut-free play on the classic ice cream of our childhoods.
Since nut allergies are a concern for many parents, this version of rocky road is a great alternative. It’s made with just 6 ingredients, including Chocolate SunButter. Instead of nuts, I’ve used gluten-free pretzels to get that crunch that’s found in traditional rocky road.
I think you’re going to love this dessert. It’s great for sharing during the summer and is really fun and easy to make.
Get more gluten-free ice cream recipes.
Speaking of the latest issue of the magazine, if you haven’t already checked out Gluten Free & More Magazine, we hope you’ll check us out! You can find our new July/August 2022 issue in a store near you.
Gluten-Free Not So Rocky Road No-Churn Ice Cream
- 1½ cups Chocolate SunButter
- 1 (12-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzels
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- Whisk together the Chocolate SunButter and sweetened condensed milk. Beat the cream to stiff peaks. Fold the cream into the SunButter mixture.
- Crush the pretzels into small pieces and add to the SunButter mixture. Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Fold everything in well.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and palace in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.