Dairy-Free Chocolate Strawberry Parfait
For a little twist on a classic parfait, this Dairy-Free Chocolate Strawberry Parfait recipe includes the addition of homemade chocolate pudding and is topped with fresh strawberries instead of granola. It’s a deliciously sweet treat that you can feel good about eating and can sneak some liquid vitamins in if serving to your children!
The homemade chocolate pudding is delicious in the parfait and is also good served warm on its own, without the yogurt and strawberries. So, this is kind of like two recipes in one!
To add some additional nutrition to this treat, add ChildLife Essentials Cod Liver Oil. Don’t worry, it’s strawberry flavored, so it will blend right in, and the kids will be none the wiser. Cod liver oil contains DHA, which is important for healthy brain development.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Strawberry Parfait Recipe
- 1 cup coconut milk or dairy-free milk of choice
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ChildLife Essentials Cod Liver Oil , appropriate dose for 2 children
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt
- 6-8 strawberries , quartered
- Combine coconut milk, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Whisk well and bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool to 86 degrees F or lower. Stir in the vanilla and cod liver oil. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl and let cool. When cooled to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the surface of the pudding and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Layer the chocolate pudding with yogurt and strawberries.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.