Plant-Based Marinara Pita Kit
Ring in the New Year with a new spin on a classic Italian meal. These Plant-Based Marinara Pita Kits will have the whole family home for dinner. With the plant-based meatballs placed in a perfect pita pocket, this recipe makes an Italian dinner a mess free experience.
This recipe uses the Good It’s Gluten Free Marinara Pita Kit which includes all the seasonings for the plant-based meatballs, the marinara sauce, and most importantly the gluten free pita bread which is always hard to find. All that needs to be added is your favorite protein of choice. In this case, we chose plant-based meatballs! This quick meal will get you and the family eating in less than 30 minutes. The recipe serves 4, but for a smaller family it stores wonderfully for lunch the next day.
Get more gluten-free Italian recipes.
Gluten-Free Plant-Based Marinara Pita Kit
- 1 Good It’s Gluten Free Marinara Pita Kit
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free milk alternative
- 12 ounces plant-based ground “meat”
- Fresh basil leaves
- Grated dairy-free Parmesan shreds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the seasoning mix in a mixing bowl, moisten with the milk alternative, then add the ground plant-based beef. Mix well. Roll into balls about the size of a golf ball. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the meatballs over and bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Heat the sauce in a pan or in the microwave. Toast the pitas for 1½ - 2 minutes and cut in half.
- Place meatballs in pitas, add sauce, and top with basil and Parmesan shreds.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.