Green Tea Rice with Dried Cherries
- 1½ cups brewed green tea, chilled
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- In a medium saucepan, bring the green tea to a boil with the salt and pepper.
- Stir in rice and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the onions, cherries, and spinach. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Gently toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.