Apple Cranberry Sauce
Apple juice and honey offer plenty of sweetness in this sauce, while diced tart apples and orange zest bring tang.
Gluten Free Apple Cranberry Sauce
- 2 12-ounce bags fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1½ cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and diced
- ½ cup honey or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries break down and become saucy, 15-20 minutes. Taste and add more honey, if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Remove the cinnamon stick before serving. (Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.)
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.