Black Bean Breakfast Tostadas
These crispy tortillas topped with a creamy black bean spread, avocado, salsa, and a protein-filled egg make for a quick and easy meal for all the savory breakfast lovers of the world. They take less than 10 minutes to make and taste incredible!
Gluten Free Black Bean Breakfast Tostadas
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup jarred salsa
- Fresh cracked peppercorns optional
- Place the tortillas in a toaster oven, set to medium, and toast until crispy. Flip halfway through so as not to burn the tortillas.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the black beans and add them to the bowl of a food processor. Add the spices and process the mixture until smooth. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is the consistency of hummus. Add hot sauce, if desired, and process to combine.
- For the eggs, preheat a skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with cooking spray, then cook the eggs for 1-2 minutes per side.
- To assemble the tostadas, spread each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the black bean mixture. Then top with avocado slices and 2 tablespoons of salsa. Top each with a fried egg, freshly cracked peppercorns and additional hot sauce, if desired. Serve immediately. Store extra black bean spread in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days (it’s a great sandwich spread!).
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.