Gluten Free Pina Colada Ice Cream Sandwiches
School may have started but we still have a couple more weeks until the last official day of summer. Which means there is still plenty of time for ice cream! Of course, there is never a really bad time for ice cream – especially these gluten free piña colada ice cream sandwiches.
These tasty little frozen morsels are not only delicious, they are free from gluten, dairy, eggs, and guilt!
They are pretty darn easy to make, as well. Just stir up some mashed bananas with Hodgson Mills quick cook certified gluten free oats and almond flour with a few other ingredients, bake your cookies, and fill with dairy free coconut ice cream. Simple, sweet, and satisfying.
How nice is it to have some delicious frozen treats in the freezer you can feel good about serving – and eating!
Gluten Free Piña Colada Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup Hodgson Mills gluten free quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup Hodgson Mills almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ cup dried pineapple finely chopped
- ½ pint dairy free coconut ice cream
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas well. Add coconut oil, oats, almond flour, baking powder, salt, and pineapple. Mix well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop 16 mounds of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and set, rotating the pan halfway through. Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Place a small scoop of ice cream on the flat side of one cookie, place another cookie on top, and gently squeeze together. Roll the edges of the cookie in coconut flakes. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.
Pingback: Gluten Free Pina Colada Ice Cream Sandwiches | Healthy Foods
Pingback: Gluten Free Pina Colada Ice Cream SandwichesFollow for… – Viralpics