Citrus Marinated Skirt Steak with Grilled Asparagus & Jasmine Rice
Marinate the steaks in the morning and the rest of the meal will be quick to put together that evening.
This recipe was part of a “cook once, eat twice” spread in the magazine that offered ways to repurpose your leftovers from one recipe to another. To see what you can do with the leftovers from this recipe, check out this delicious Steak Burrito Bowls recipe.
Citrus Marinated Skirt Steak with Grilled Asparagus & Jasmine Rice Recipe
- 2 oranges juiced
- 5 limes juiced
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 2-pound skirt steaks
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 cups jasmine rice cooked
- Green onion sliced (for garnish)
- Combine juice of oranges and limes, crushed garlic, mustard, and vinegar in a small bowl. Place steaks in a 1-gallon sealable bag, add marinade, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Toss asparagus, oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Grill steaks for 6-7 minutes per side, turning once. Grill the asparagus for about 8 minutes.
- Serve steak, thinly sliced, over grilled asparagus and rice. Garnish with sliced green onion.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.