Roasted Acorn Squash & Pear Arugula Salad Recipe
Featuring roasted and warmed veggies and seasonal ingredients, this Roasted Acorn Squash & Pear Arugula Salad Recipe will have you craving salad all winter long!
Roasted Acorn Squash & Pear Arugula Salad
For the salad:
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 medium-large acorn squash
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Kosher or fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 medium pears
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ - 1 cup Parmesan cheese (vegan optional)
For the dressing:
- ⅔ cup tahini
- ½ cup plain yogurt (regular or dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Slice the acorn squash into 1½-inch pieces (I sliced mine into rings), then place onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Slice the pears and place on a separate baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. When you have 10 minutes left on the acorn squash, place the pears in the oven and roast for about 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, blend all dressing ingredients together, adding more water, if needed.
- When the acorn squash is done roasting, remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Once the squash is cool enough to handle, peel off the skin, and dice.
- Remove the pears from the oven and either leave as-is, or dice into smaller pieces.
- Place the arugula into a large bowl, then add the quinoa, beans, acorn squash, and pears. Toss well with dressing and top with Parmesan cheese.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.