Gluten-Free Caramelized Apple & Red Onion Pizza with Arugula & Ricotta
Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, or a meat-eater looking to incorporate some more plant-based meals into your dinner rotation, this delicious pizza recipe is absolutely lovely and delicious!
Caramelized Apple & Red Onion Pizza with Arugula & Ricotta
- 1 gluten-free pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion , sliced thin
- 3 apples (any kind), sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese (try Kite Hill Almond Ricotta if vegan)
- 1 large handful arugula
- Spread minced garlic over the pizza crust and prebake according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add the onions. Cook for about 20 minutes or until brown.
- Add the apples to the onions, along with the honey and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Add apples, onions, and ricotta to the crust and place in the oven. Increase the heat to broil. Broil for about 5 minutes, watching to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Top with fresh arugula.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.