Gluten-Free Zucchini “Egg” Nests
These adorable Gluten-Free Zucchini “Egg” Nests consist of spiralized zucchini, vegan alfredo sauce, and sweet potato. They don’t contain eggs. To make, you’ll need a spiralizer (unless you’ve got some serious knife skills).
Zucchini “Egg” Nests
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 large zucchini
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ½ recipe Vegan Alfredo Sauce (see below)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Using a fork, poke small holes in the sweet potato, going all the way around, about ½ inch apart. Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Spiralize zucchini into noodles and spread onto paper towels. Place more paper towels on top and gently press out the water as best you can.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with olive oil. Build “egg nests” onto tray by bunching the noodles tightly together to look like nests. (Should make about 5 nests.) Pour 3 tablespoons alfredo sauce into the center of each egg nest. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until zucchini is lightly browned.
- Slice open the sweet potato. Using a melon baller, scoop the insides to form a ball. This will be your “egg yolk.” Place a ball of sweet potato into the center of each cooked nest.
- Serve zucchini egg nests with more alfredo sauce to drizzle.
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and strained*
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 1 cup water, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- In a blender, add soaked/strained cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, water, onion powder (if using), and salt. Blend until creamy and smooth.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.