Gluten-Free Blueberry Cake
This Gluten-Free Blueberry Cake is a delicious loaf cake with blueberry jam swirled inside. This treat pairs well with an afternoon tea.
- 4 tablespoons (50 g) caster sugar, divided
- ⅔ cup (160 mL) warm milk
- 3 teaspoons (10 g) instant yeast
- ½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1½ tablespoon (22.5 mL) canola oil
- 1½ teaspoon (7.5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (360 g) gluten-free all-purpose flour
For the filling:
- 1 cup (200 g) blueberry jam
- ½ cup (75 g) blueberries
- In a bowl, gently mix together 1 tablespoon of sugar, warm milk, and yeast using a spoon. Set aside for about 10 minutes – it should get foamy.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, remaining sugar, and egg yolks. Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the blueberry jam), as well as the yeast mixture and mix together to create a dough. Switch to a dough hook and knead for 5-7 minutes. Cover with cling film and allow to proof for 1-2 hours or until doubled in volume.
- Line a standard loaf pan (8½ x 4½ or 9 x 5 inches) with parchment paper. Move the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle, about ¼-inch thick. Spread the jam evenly on the dough surface and roll up in a log. Cut the log in half lengthwise, so that you have two long halves and then twist these together like a rope. Place it gently into the loaf pan. Allow to proof for another 1-2 hours or until almost doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Bake for about 45 minutes. Let cool in the pan. Serve slices topped with fresh blueberries.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g50%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Vitamin A 597IU12%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Gluten Free & More are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.