Hot Hatch Chile and Crab Dip
In need of a good football-watching snack? I figured. That’s why I made this delicious Hot Hatch Chile and Crab Dip. This dip is seriously good. It’s different from the old standby dips from the grocery store and it’s served warm, which is nice since it’s chilly (or downright cold) outside in most parts of the country.
This recipe is made with diced green chilies from Hatch. You can use mild or hot, depending on your preference for spice. It can be made much more budget friendly by using gluten-free imitation crab instead of real crab.
Serve this with gluten-free crackers, tortilla chips, or vegetables like celery sticks, carrots, and sliced mini bell peppers. I ate this with pork rinds to keep it Keto and it was so good!
Get more gluten-free recipes to serve for the Super Bowl.
Gluten-Free Hot Hatch Chile and Crab Dip
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 3 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can Hatch Diced Green Chiles, mild or hot
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce , plus more for garnish if desired
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese , divided
- 6 ounces lump crab meat or gluten free imitation crab meat , chopped
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1 lime
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Hatch chilies, and hot sauce together in a mixing bowl until fully combined. Stir in 1¼ cups of Mexican cheese, the crab, and green onions – saving some of the green part of the green onions for garnish. Finely grate the zest of the lime into the bowl and squeeze in the juice. Stir, taste, and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until hot and the cheese is fully melted.
- Garnish with reserved green onion tops and hot sauce.
- Serve hot with gluten-free crackers, tortilla chips, vegetables, or pork rinds (for Keto).
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.