Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese
This is a really great appetizer or snack for last-minute get-togethers with friends or for well-planned parties. It’s an updated version of pimento cheese dip, and I call it Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese. The green chilies add a little heat and acidity, and honestly, this is my favorite version of pimento cheese dip so far.
For the chilies, I used Hatch brand diced green chiles. You can serve this dip with fresh vegetables, gluten-free crackers, or corn tortilla chips. It’s really good served with leftover corn tortillas that you simply cut into triangles and fry in vegetable oil. In other words, semi-homemade tortilla chips!
Get more gluten-free appetizer and snack recipes.
Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) can Hatch Diced Green Chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos , drained
Optional accompaniments for serving:
- Gluten-free crackers
- Fried corn tortilla chips
- Put all ingredients in a mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until fully combined and creamy.
- Can be served right away or stored, covered, in the refrigerator. If refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to soften.
- Serve with desired accompaniments.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.