Gluten-Free Lemon Ricotta Pasta
We’re at the cusp of fall, which means some of us are wanting to hold onto bright, refreshing summer foods while others are ready to dive into a bowl of comfort food. Well, as luck would have it, I recently whipped up a delicious pasta that brings comfort food and refreshing food together in one bowl. You’re going to love the flavors in this Gluten-Free Lemon Ricotta Pasta.
Lemon and ricotta go together so nicely. In fact, lemon ricotta pancakes were one of my very early recipes on this blog and they are still one of my favorite recipes. For this lemon ricotta pasta, I used fresh organic lemons, whole milk ricotta cheese, and a few products from Pastene, including their grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, minced garlic, and gluten-free penne pasta.
This dish feels like fall decided to have a party with spring and summer. It’s a combination of the best of the seasons and is comforting and filling. Delish!
Get more gluten-free pasta recipes.
Gluten-Free Lemon Ricotta Pasta Recipe
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 (12-ounce) bag Pastene gluten-free penne
- 1 tablespoon Pastene olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Pastene minced garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup Pastene grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas , thawed
- 2 organic lemons , zest finely grated and juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves , sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne per the package directions. Drain, reserving about a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice, half the lemon zest, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan and cook until melted and warm, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the peas and cooked pasta. Add some of the pasta water if the sauce is too dry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil and the rest of the lemon zest.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.