Korean Fried Rice with Cilantro Sauce
Fried rice usually contains scrambled eggs, but you want to know what’s even better than scrambled eggs in fried rice? A fried egg (over easy or over medium) on top of fried rice! The yolks coat the rice in a saucy consistency that is just to-die-for! This Korean Fried Rice with Cilantro Sauce gets a creamy yolk topping plus a delicious cilantro sauce, so it’s full of flavor and is rather unique, if I do say so myself.
To make this recipe, you’ll want to use a Korean Chili Meal Kit from Good It’s Gluten Free. These meal kits are great because you just add a protein to them, and you’ve got yourself a tasty meal. However, I’ve added several additional ingredients to this to transform the meal kit into a whole new thing. I think you’re going to love this one!
Get more gluten-free Korean-inspired recipes.
Gluten-Free Korean Fried Rice with Cilantro Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 red or green chili (more if you like it hot)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken meat (breast or thighs)
- 1 Good It’s Gluten Free Korean Chili Meal Kit
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup kimchi , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded, deveined, and diced
- 3 green onions , sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen peas (no need to thaw)
- 2-3 eggs
- In the food processor or blender, combine the cilantro, chili pepper, ginger, honey, lime juice, and ground cumin. Process until almost smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into small dice. Combine the batter mix from the meal kit with 10 tablespoons water and whisk until smooth. Place the seasoned flour from the kit in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Coat the chicken in batter then roll in the flour.
- Add enough oil in a large skillet to come up ¼ inch. Heat over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Working in batches (do not over crowd the pan) fry for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the oil from the pan.
- Add the kimchi, bell pepper, and green onions. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the rice and the Korean Chili Sauce from the meal kit along with the chicken and frozen peas. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Fry the eggs to your liking. Serve the rice topped with a fried egg and some cilantro sauce.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.