Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Recipe
This recipe contains not one but three superfoods: arugula, pomegranate, and avocado.
While all leafy greens are beneficial to good health, arugula actually falls into the classification of a cruciferous vegetable, such as broccoli and kale. The health benefits include possible cancer prevention and increased bone health, and arugula is packed with fiber, which helps you feel full longer, a plus when it comes to weight loss and management.
Pomegranates are high in antioxidants which lead to increased heart health and have cancer-fighting properties, among other benefits.
Although high in fat, avocados have what’s called “good fat.” The good fat helps increase HDL (the good cholesterol) and can decrease triglycerides. Avocados help slow digestion, which aids in stabilizing blood sugar. This is one healthy 5 ingredient salad!
Gluten Free Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small garlic clove minced or finely grated
- Juice of 1 lime about 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup water
- Kosher or fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed, and scoop the flesh into a blender. Add the garlic, lime juice, olive oil, and ½ cup water. Blend until smooth. Add more water as needed to reach a creamy but pourable consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the arugula in a salad bowl, add the dressing, and toss to coat. Add the pomegranate seeds, and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.