Gluten-Free Chicken, Bacon, Potato & Broccoli Bake Recipe
This is literally a one-pot meal that is so simple you may even wonder if you’re doing it right. Don’t worry … you are. Your whole family should enjoy this meal and you will enjoy knowing they are getting a healthy meal that is packed with protein and vegetables.
Chicken, Bacon, Potato & Broccoli Bake
- 2 cups red potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1½ cups diced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish. Layer half of each of these ingredients in this order: potatoes, chicken, broccoli, bacon, onions, and ½ cup cheese. Season layer generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and seasoning (set aside ½ cup cheese for the end).
- Pour heavy cream over ingredients and sprinkle butter pieces over the dish. Cover with foil.
To eat immediately:
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese and bake, uncovered, for 5-10 more minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
To prepare and freeze:
- Assemble and cover tightly with foil, as instructed, but reserve the last ½ cup of the shredded cheese and store separately in a plastic freezer bag. (Make sure potatoes are covered by the other ingredients so they do not turn black.) Freeze for up to 3 months.
To cook from frozen:
- Thaw. Bake, covered with foil, at 350°F for 1 hour, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes longer, until cheese is bubbly.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.