Mustard Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa Recipe
Full of vibrant flavor and fresh ingredients, this Mustard Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa Recipe is a must-try for Cinco de Mayo or any other day!
Mustard Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Avocado Salsa , for serving
- Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl. In a blender or food processor, combine the lime juice, cilantro, mustard, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne (if using). Pulse to combine well. Pour over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until meat registers 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer. Serve with the salsa.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.