Gluten-Free Plant-Based Cauliflower Gratin
Potato gratin is delicious, but not exactly the most figure friendly dish out there. If you’re craving that kind of comfort food but you’ve already been indulging like crazy this holiday season and want to incorporate a bit more veggies and healthier alternatives, this Plant-Based Cauliflower Gratin is a great choice. You can serve this for any dinner – from a weeknight dinner with the family to a holiday feast.
This dish is made dairy-free and plant-based thanks to the use of Loca Plant-Based Potato Queso. This dairy-free “cheese” sauce is delicious as a dip with chips or in recipes. It’s become a favorite in my house and in the Gluten Free & More office!
Need more ideas for holiday sides? Get more gluten-free, dairy-free side dish recipes.
Plant-Based Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 large head cauliflower , broken into florets
- 2 large shallots , peeled and cut in half length wise
- 1 poblano pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Loca Plant-Based Potato Queso
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the cauliflower florets, the shallots and poblano pepper on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Put the pepper in a small bowl and cover until cool enough to handle. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl. Chop the shallots and add to the cauliflower. Peel the pepper, remove the seeds, and chop. Add to the cauliflower along with the jar of queso. Transfer to a greased 8- or 9-inch baking dish.
- Put the almonds and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle over the cauliflower. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.