Plant-Based Loaded Potato Soup
As I write this, it’s a rainy, windy day here in Florida. It’s not cold by any means but it still feels like a good day for soup. If it’s soup weather where you live, I highly recommend this Plant-Based Loaded Potato Soup, made with simple, wholesome ingredients like potatoes, onions, veggie broth, and Loca Foods’ potato-based cheese sauce.
For the queso sauce, you can choose either the mild or hot version, depending on whether you want some spiciness to your soup. The rest of these ingredients are super easy to find and you might have all of them on-hand!
I like to blend only half of the soup to create some creaminess with some chunks of potatoes, but if you like a fully creamy soup, you can blend the entire batch. This is a hearty soup that serves 6 and you can serve it alongside a salad and with some crusty gluten-free bread for dipping.
Get more gluten-free, dairy-free soup recipes.
Plant-Based Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion , diced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 pounds gold potatoes , peeled and chopped
- 4 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Loca Foods Potato Queso, mild or hot
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Sliced green onions
- Dairy-free sour cream
- Paprika or chili powder
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the potatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the Loca Foods Queso, stir, and heat through.
- Blend about half of the soup until smooth, then add back to the rest of the soup (the entire batch of soup can be blended if you prefer really smooth soup). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish as desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.